OUR ADMISSION PROCEDURES
SHAMSIYE BOYS is a private, selective, Islamic boarding school that accepts students regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, family composition or socio-economic status. We are deeply proud of our student diversity and welcome students from all corners of TANZANIA and globe at large.
Admissions to SHAMSIYE BOYS involves a three-step process, designed to ensure that the applicant is a good match for SHAMSIYE BOYS and has a reasonable chance of academic success, given the high intellectual standards and academic expectations of the school. Please note that we do not currently have support programs for students with special learning needs or with specific learning disabilities.
- Step 1 – Completion and submission of our school application form. Please accompany the application with the submission of previous academic records ( PLSE results for form 1 admission, FTNA results for form 3 admission, CSEE results for form 5 admission ), copy of child’s birth certificate or passport and two recent passport-sized photos.
- Step 2 – Assessment. All applicants must be tested for academic aptitude and English language proficiency. The testing varies according to level that ones wants to join our school and may include written assessments and face-to-face interviews with teachers. High performance in written assessments does not only guarantee admission but student’s age and moral conducts and eagerness to study in the school are also taken into consideration. An admissions fee of 30,000 TZS is required prior to the assessment.
- Step 3 – Final Interview with the Head Master or Second Master.
SHAMSIYE BOYS reserves the right to admission based on its established criteria and does not release the results of student admissions examination or interviews to any party. The criteria for admission may change without notice.
NOTIFICATION OF ADMISSION
Following the completion of the above listed steps a student may be offered one of the following two options:
- Admitted – The student is admitted without any condition. Based on the assessment results, interview and past academic record they are likely to succeed in SHAMSIYE BOYS rigorous academic environment. An admission fee of 500,000 TZS, stationary fee of 600,000 TZS and uniform fee of 300,000 TZS (total fee of 1,400,000 TZS) must be deposited within one week of an offer of a place in order to reserve the space.
- Not Admitted – The student, based on our admissions criteria, does not currently have the academic aptitude or achievement to succeed in our school setting. The student may reapply after one year.
- BANK NAME : AMANA BANK TANZANIA
- SWIFT CODE: AMNNTZTZ
- ACCOUNT NUMBER: 003120402690001
- ACC NAME: SHAMSIYE SECONDARY SCHOOL